DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE bursary application form 2017-2018
This department promotes the vision and mission of Government to provide education, training, as well as a stable skills base to candidates. They aid in distributing qualified skilled workers, into the workforce within South Africa. They specialize in scarce skill sets and providing needy, yet talented individuals with the opportunity to complete their studies. They believe in teamwork, individuality, talent and that there is a future for all.
This department manages all of the Government’s finances, be it investing in industrial movements, education or infrastructure. They offer talented, deserving candidates a great opportunity to further their knowledge and skills, aiding in stabilizing the economy while building a stronger workforce. They provide a variety of bursaries yearly. Interested individuals that adhere to the requirements may apply once these bursaries become available.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE BURSARIES AVAILABLE
Candidates planning to study in one of the below-mentioned fields will receive the following as it is included within this bursary scheme:
- Fully paid Tuition
- Fully paid Prescribed Books
- Fully paid University Accommodation and Meals
Fields of Study Available
- BCom Law
- Finance – Development
- Engineering – Financial
- Auditing – Internal
- Management – Risk
- Management – Financial
- Policy – Social
- Policy – Public
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE BURSARIES: REQUIREMENTS
If any of the mentioned fields are of interest to you, you can apply if you meet the following necessities of this department.
Candidates who want to apply for a bursary through this scheme must adhere to the following:
- Candidates must be a South African Citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid South African ID Document
- Candidate must have excelled in their Grade 12 Academic Year with an average of 65% or higher
- Candidates must provide proof of acceptance from an Institute of Higher Learning
- If studying with an Institution of Higher Learning, candidate must hold a 65% or higher average for completed year
- Candidates must be in need of financial assistance
- Must be proficient in English and have great communication skills
- Must be a problem solver with quick decision-making abilities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
Please ensure that the application is fully completed, no empty spaces and that it is signed by the applicant.
Preference will be given to candidates from a disadvantaged background, as well as candidates from a rural area. Applications missing any of the documentation, will not be considered.
Candidates who receive bursaries will be asked to sign an employment agreement, this will be for an equal amount of time as is the bursary duration. Once you have completed your studies this contract will come into working. However, if there is no available opening at that time within the department, candidates will be released from this agreement.
click next to continue reading