SAICA Thuthuka Bursary application forms
ABOUT SAICA Thuthuka Bursary
The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is intended for academically strong black and coloured students, who wish to pursue a career in Chartered Accountancy. Each year, the bursary helps between 250 and 300 students study BCom Accounting at SAICA-accredited universities (of which are listed in the “eligibility” requirements below). Students who excel in Mathematics and are achieving in their other subjects are encouraged to apply.
SAICA Thuthuka Bursary requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Previously disadvantaged race group – coloured or african,
- Proven financial need,
- Meets university entrance qualifying criteria,
- A minimum of 60% or level 5 for Mathematics in Grade 11 (end of year results),
- Currently in Matric/ Grade 12,
- Intend on studying BCom Accounting,
- Applied or in the process of applying to study at one of the following universities: University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg, University of Witwatersrand, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State, University of KwaZulu-Natal.
click next to apply